Write For Us
We welcome and love new contributions from our growing community. Here’s what you need to know:
- Word count: No minimums but posts typically run between 250-800 words. Please stay under 800 words.
- Tone: Inclusive, accessible and generally positive. We are not here to judge or be critical. Simply put, we are here to provide the most accuate and benefical dog training and business information to readers. Take a look around and see what we’ve previously posted.
- Original Content: We ask that posts submitted be unique and original to The Modern Dog Trainer. We do not accept posts that have already been published or submitted elsewhere online (not even on your personal blog) or that you plan to distribute to other websites.
- We are not interested in SEO-driven submissions: If you work for a content farm or are a freelancer who writes articles for the sole purpose of linking up keywords in an effort to boost SEO, we are not interested. If your submission or bio references or promotes a business or service that is not in line with our philosophy, then we are not interested.
- Bio and promotion: Since we do not compensate contributors for posts, we’re more than happy to include a byline and your brief bio containing links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter accounts, which we will promote when your post goes live. Please keep your bio to just 2-3 sentences. The Modern Dog Trainer is a great resource to promote what you’re doing and some of our contributors have leveraged their posts into speaking deals and other awesome dog training careers.
- Please send your post in the body of the message of an email. If you’re using Word, for example, you’d paste the Word document into your email.
- Once your posts go live, please share with your friends via email, your website, Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media. If your post performs extremely well and you become a regular contributor (one post a week), you can earn a spot as a highly-coveted “Training or Business Expert.”.
- We love connecting with new contributors. While we cover an insane amount of ground, The Modern Dog Trainer consists of just a few people. As such, sometimes we don’t have the opportunity to respond to all submissions. We can assure you, however, that we carefully read every single submission that we receive. If your post has been accepted, we generally respond within 14 days.
- Please only submit one post at a time: Otherwise, we get inundated. You’re welcome to submit again with a different post after you’ve waited 14 days.
By submitting to The Modern Dog Trainer you acknowledge that you accept our terms, and any form of editing that might occur on behalf of the The Modern Dog Trainer editorial team.
You’ll want to click HERE to find out more about our submission process!